Opportunity to build a better Canada
- Assistant Chief Commissioner, Canadian Grain Commission, 201605CGC950-1
- Commissioner, Canadian Grain Commission, 201605CGC94-1
- Chief Commissioner, Canadian Grain Commission, 201603CGC92-1
- Members, Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada, 201609HSMBC715-1 New
- Directors, Destination Canada (Canadian Tourism Commission), 201605CTC1161-1
- Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, 201603CIE1268-1 Updated
- President, Public Service Commission, 201607PSC1238-1 New
- Members, Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority, 201606BFE29-1 New
- Chairperson, Marine Atlantic, 201603MAI318-1 New
- Commissioner of Lobbying, Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying, 201603OCL1269-1 Updated
Agriculture and Agri-Food
Environment and Climate Change
Innovation, Science and Economic Development
Public Services and Procurement
Governor in Council (GIC) Appointments
To see Ongoing Opportunities, click here.
The Government of Canada is moving quickly to apply a more rigorous approach to Governor in Council (GIC) appointments. The selection process will reflect the fundamental role that more than 1500 Canadians play in our democracy as they serve on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies, and tribunals across the country.
During the transition to the new approach, an interim process will apply. Under the interim process, appointments and re-appointments will only be made to positions essential to government business or to those that deliver important services to Canadians. These appointments and re-appointments will be up to one year in length, subject to any legislative provisions.
A GIC appointment is a unique opportunity to build a better Canada.
Information on the full range of organizations and GIC positions can be accessed under Federal Organizations.
March 2, 2016 – Create an account for GIC Appointments applications! You can now register on the Governor in Council Appointments website and create your account and profile. This is the first step for applying online to opportunities on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals that will be advertised soon on our website.
February 25, 2016 – Prime Minister announces new Governor in Council appointment process.
- Date modified: